A message to the reader

Hey. I write. Cool, right?

Friday, July 8, 2011

Poem

Mountain Poem



I am a mountain.

I tower over the world and grin a giants smile to the crowds around my feet.

My super hero height scares all the other mountains.

I stand at the top of the earth and scream volcano sand at passer-byers.

I ate the town below me and spread my arms across the sky.



I kicked down the other mountains so I could grow. I never need another rock to pull myself up on.

When the sun comes up the moon complains about me. But I don’t need any friends, I can grow on my own.



No climbers dare try to conquer me.

My rocks and ice reject their gear.

I splinter bodies that leave handprints on my stomach.



I am a mountain.

I gather all the bones of the valiant, chew them and shower them into ash clouds. I am the cause of the ice caps melting and the volcanoes imploding. Grey skies reflect my skin and my lava blood boils the Earth’s core.



My superhero figure crushes the world around me and throws the clouds to the ground.

I dig my fingers into the soil and only grow bigger.



I am a mountain.
Each fiber of my rocky surface glimmers in the pale light of the belligerent moon. I do not need friends to grow. I can defeat life on my o

No comments:

Post a Comment